This information is being provided to you by the
Transportation Department in an effort to establish clear
guidelines for appropriate student bSTavior and expectations
regarding the safe transportation of students.
Please review this material with your child! If you
have any questions, please contact the Transportation Department
The primary responsibility of a school bus driver is to safely
Road concentration is essential to safe driving. A higher
probability of accidents occurring happens the lower the level of
driver road concentration.
- Be on time to the school bus stop: wait for the bus
back from the road: wait until the bus comes to a complete
stop before moving towards it.
- Be respectful of the property of others at the bus
- Follow proper crossing and discharge procedures when
entering & exiting the bus.
- Enter and exit the bus in an orderly manner.
- Take a seat as quickly as possible and remain seated
during the entire ride.
- Do not throw anything inside or out of the bus.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Do not bring articles that create a hazard, such as
water guns, matches, etc.
- Keep the aisle of the bus clear at all times: if you
carry a musical instrument or school project, you must make
sure it will fit on your lap in the seat with you.
- Do not distract the bus driver.
- Use proper conduct; horseplay or fighting will not be
- Know all the emergency procedures.
- Obey all the driver's instructions.
- Report concerns to the bus driver, parent, principal,
NOTE: STUDENTS NOT RESIDING IN THE WEST GENESEE SCHOOL
DISTRICT CANNOT BE TRANSPORTED BY OUR DISTRICT.